Admission for Students
RESIDENTIAL AND MULTILINGUAL
Enduring, robust education does not come from the passive absorption of facts. At ISSTA, students learn to analyze, comprehend, and collaboratively solve complex challenges. Classes are small by design, taught by inspiring teachers/ mentors, & built to stimulate deep mental processing to actively engage the course material. Technology will be abound, never replacing the personal attention of a highly qualified professional.
Dr. Jorge R. Diaz
APPLY TO ISSTA
Parents and students, please contact us for further information or if you have questions regarding the application process.
An application must contain all of the following in order to be considered complete:
- Completed online application.
- Middle school transcripts.
- Domestic Applicants: Upload unofficial or official transcripts.
- International Applicants: Upload an official copy of Middle school transcripts.
- Application essays, questions listed below.
- Standardized test scores, if applicable: upload score reports; PSAT, SAT, ACT accepted.
- Domestic Applicants: Optional if English is your native language.
- International Applicants: TOEFL (or TOEFL equivalent) scores are required if English is not your native language. PSAT, SAT, or ACT are also acceptable.
- Recommendation letters; 1 required if providing test scores; 2 required if not providing test scores.
- Non-refundable application fee of $100.00. Payable online by credit card.
- Interview if applying to the Science Academy OR audition if applying to the Arts & Humanities Academy.
Please respond to the following questions. Number your essays clearly and upload responses together in one document using the upload button located within the online application. Each individual response should not exceed 400 words. We value thoughtfulness and quality over quantity.
- Briefly describe your academic and personal goals and explain how these will be further achieved by studying at the International School of Science Technology and the Arts. Feel free to discuss the particular program or courses to which you are applying.
- Select a few of your non-academic or extra-curricular experiences and explain how these supplement your academic and personal growth.
- If English is not your native language, please describe your English educational background and experience.