The ISSTA Competitive Advantage
The realization of the ISSTA project to build a school whose initiative comprised all the elements of a rigorous education coupled with the fluidity of diversity in its student base, as well as its offerings and lifestyle is one that permeates in the why ISSTA has come to fruition.
Prior to the culmination of building the intellectual and physical properties of ISSTA, there was much thought as to how set ourselves apart from the traditional boarding school, and generic public or private high school. The vision for the school was to truly immerse our youth in an extended university style environment, where students would fulfill fundamental academic objectives, but also begin their future in the present.
Traditional college style campuses have always been for college or university age students. Academic programs in innovation or sustainability have always been extracurricular, or not obtainable for those who could not afford it. Green campuses have been introduced in the 'now', but once introduced nothing more came from that introduction with the student base.
ISSTA is the first transformative high school that bridges the gap between the public and the private, the attainable and not, and the future with the present. ISSTA prides itself on the novel and unique competitive advantage it provides to a global student population by giving everyone an opportunity to experience their future by making a difference today.
- ISSTA's campus is comprised of male and female residence halls, all of which are completely separate and age appropriate. Each of these residences are comprised with ports for technology, dining and study lounges, and are equipped with proper security personnel.
- ISSTA furthers the LEED and Green initiatives not only through their academic Global Sustainability Certificate Program but though producing its own produce in on-site green houses next to the dormitories, where students nurture the growth of that produce.
- ISSTA is a private institution with access for those students interested in global food production and sustainability to obtain reduced tuition through a public high school initiative.
- ISSTA students enjoy a university like campus with an international food court, book store, general marketplace and dining events bringing the diverse student populous together.
- ISSTA welcomes the local community by providing a professional sports arena, comprised of a state-of-the-art health and wellness center, pool, juice bar, and solar roof maintaining its' emphasis on green living.
- The ISSTA focus spans the gamut educationally with opportunities for students to participate in programs like Bright Ideas , an innovation incubator that fosters intellectual property acquisition, product invention, and scientific lab creations. These programs further the expertise of students as it pertains to utilizing their creativity to create something of matter. Programs like this teach students about business, manufacturing, supply chains, logistics, organizational behavior, and the like allowing them to compete in competitions with other schools and set goals of venture and Adventure.
- ISSTA proudly participates and houses one of the most extensive and renowned fine arts programs in the world. It's performing arts theatre allows for Broadway style performances, and the art courses on campus range from ceramics and pottery, to photography, graphic design, set production, music, song-writing, and more. It is no wonder that the local community enjoys partaking in the theatrical productions that take place each year.
- ISSTA provides a lifestyle that not only meets the needs of the students in many ways, but provides convenient services to ease the transition for domestic and international students into a boarding school environment. Concierge medical services, dry cleaning, meal delivery, housekeeping, and concierge travel services are just some of the available amenities to assist students in making their lives on campus simpler, but also allowing them to learn important life skills such as doing their own laundry, maintaining hygiene or living amongst a group of individuals.
With world-wide recognition, and a program that meets the academic and lifestyle needs of a global student base it is no wonder ISSTA has received accolades from so many and is led by an executive team and board of trustees that is unmatched in experience and education. ISSTA is proud to share these rewarding benefits with the student population and their respective families